SMP scalp micropigmentation is a hair replacement treatment that is gaining popularity with people who are bald, balding, or have thinning hair and who appreciate the fact that it is non-invasive non-surgical procedure that really produces results. If you aren’t sure what SMP Scalp micropigmentation is, here is what you need to know.
What is it? SMP Scalp Micropigmentation
SMP Scalp micropigmentation is a permanent hair treatment solution that involves iron-oxide pigment being injected into the dermis of the scalp. It is similar in a sense to tattooing but different in that the various hues of pigment produce the natural appearance of hair follicles. The procedure has come a long way since it was first used in the early 1900s, and is now a viable alternative to hair transplant surgery.
Advantages of SMP Scalp Micropigmentation
If you are not looking for an option for regrowing your hair but still want to look as if you do have a full head of hair, then you should consider the many benefits of SMP scalp micropigmentation. SMP Scalp micropigmentation –
- Creates a clean, professional look. For those who prefer a closely shaven look, SMP scalp micropigmentation offers a neat, clean appearance that is very popular with celebrities and sports figures, as well as first responders, military, and law enforcement.
- Helps camouflage scarring. SMP Scalp micropigmentation not only produces a clean, filled-in look of newly grown hair where there might not have been before, it also is used to cover up head scars that might have incurred through injury or medical procedures.
- Low maintenance. No need to style or use products to retain the look you desire. Your scalp will always look neat and ready to go.
- A perfect hairline. Who wouldn’t want a perfect hairline? If parts of your hairline are receding, scalp micropigmentation can fill in those areas to create the perfect silhouette for you. Women especially find this appealing.
- Comparatively speaking, scalp micropigmentation is less expensive and the patient can receive the treatment in the doctor’s office under local anesthetic. The client can be fully awake to converse with the technician.
- Clients aren’t limited to hairstyle choice since hair implantation isn’t involved. Micropigmentation is versatile as the technician can apply the special ink to any area of the scalp. The hair can also be added as per the request of the client. If the client would like for their scalp to have the appearance of more hair density, the technician can adjust to his or her request. The amount of follicular coverage is up to the client.
- Scalp micropigmentation is a fairly quick process and is completed on an outpatient basis. Twenty-minutes is just about how long the procedure will last. Depending on the amount of density the client wishes to see, it could take a little longer or more than one session to complete.
- Medical conditions. For those who have medical conditions such as alopecia or have lost hair due to sickness or the side effects of medication, scalp micropigmentation is a great option.
- The process. Scalp micropigmentation is similar to tattooing, but not quite. Unlike scalp tattooing, which uses regular ink, 3D scalp micropigmentation uses advanced medical grade pigment for a more natural look. SMP Scalp micropigmentation needles are very thin and designed to create the appearance of hair follicles, which means the needles aren’t perfectly round as needles for tattooing are.
- Pain management. Clients report very little pain during the procedure, which is performed under local anesthesia, and any pain post-procedure, is easily managed with over the counter medications.
- The healing process is shorter for scalp micropigmentation than it is for those who undergo hair transplants. Expect the healing process to take about a week.
If you are bald or have thinning hair, then you are the perfect candidate for SMP scalp micropigmentation and learn more about scalp micropigmentation cost. Highly trained technicians at MAXIM Scalp Micropigmentation can help you to look and feel your best with our revolutionary, 3D scalp micro-pigmentation approach. We look forward to hearing from you.